I heard this today. A new student came in who was 4 years old, and her mother told me that it was hard to find someone to take a child for piano lessons in the Little Rock area!
This was not news to me. I’ve been teaching for 11 years now, and a lot of teachers in this area won’t take young children. There are a few reasons for this, but I have the solution to that!
A child needs to be able and to know the following things before starting piano lessons in a formal setting
They need to know:
- how to say the 1st 7 letters of the alphabet forwards and backwards
- they need the attention span to sit for at least 30 minutes
- they need to know basic math skills
- the need hand coordination, or hands big enough to reach at least 5 keys simultaneously
- they need lots of parental assistance at home to be a success
Now if you’re saying that your young child can’t do all of these things yet. Don’t fret! The solution for taking piano lessons in Little Rock is to start them at Park Hill Performing Arts Academy in the Rockstars Class!
…The Rockstars Class is designed for ages 3 to 5.
In this class, your child will learn:
- the basics of reading music
- the rhythm they need to be a success
- important listening skills
- music theory definitions
- beginning piano skills
This class focuses on movement, and games to help your child get the best foundation for when they are able to focus long enough for a formal lesson. It is important to go ahead and get them started! They will be ahead once they do take a formal lesson!
…How do you join?
- The classes are $47.00 per month for a 1 hour class
- Classes are given on different days
What you need to do now is call 501-747-1870 or connect with the Academy by clicking here now
Look forward to seeing you in class!
~ Ms. Lena